Snap Analytics are a customer-focussed consultancy that work with organisations to help them achieve their strategic ambitions through the use of cloud analytics solutions. Snap Analytics uses their innovative Snap 360 delivery framework and a culture of teamwork and knowledge sharing striving to achieve 100% customer satisfaction.
As a data analyst you will join Snap analytics at a key stage in its growth. As Snap Analytics are a new startup organisation there is a huge opportunity to have a major impact on the organisation and to influence its growth.
The Data Analyst will report to the Delivery Lead.
The Data Analyst role is a role that allows the consultant to explore a range of different technologies to help them decide which avenue within analytics they would like to explore further. A key element of this role will involve trying a range of different technologies and building internal capabilities within the company for use with clients in a pre-sales engagement. It is also expected that the Data Analyst will progress into a paid role on a project with a Snap Analytics client.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develops core analytics competencies across the full spectrum of analytics – integration through to data science
- Learns new technologies and concepts based on direction given by Delivery Lead
- Develops demo content and proof of concepts (PoCs) to be used as part of engagements with clients based on brief given by the Delivery Lead
- Builds internal systems and capabilities such as internal reporting to be used within Snap Analytics based on specifications given by the Delivery Lead
- Works on chargeable engagements for clients of Snap Analytics
- Raises any problems or challenges to the Development Lead in a timely manner
- Provides documentation on new technologies to be used for training other members of staff
- Contributes to the team effort and accomplishes other tasks that may fall outside their domain.
Further to the responsibilities listed above, it is expected that there will be additional tasks within the business that are required of the Data Analyst that may not be strictly related to their role as an analytics consultant. As part of a small but growing team it is expected that there may be other tasks needed in certain functions such as finance, marketing and sales.
Skills and Qualifications
Personality is critical to Snap Analytics. Snap Analytics are looking for animated, outgoing people that bring life to the workplace and maintain a positive attitude in all aspects of the job. Consultants will need to be dynamic with a “get up and go” attitude, but more importantly will bring an eye for detail in everything that you do.
In addition, an appetite to learn and share knowledge will be one of the most important attributes for the Data Analyst role.
Desired Skills / Experience
- 2:1 University degree or above (or equivalent other)
- Self-evident interest in data and analytics with a desire to learn more about cloud technologies
- Demonstrable technical skills and/or aptitude/attitude
- Clear sense of ownership and responsibility
- Observant, insightful and eager to contribute
- Excellent communication skills
- Motivated, ambitious and determined
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment.
Desired Technical Skills
Some exposure to the below is useful but not compulsory
- Python and/or other programming languages
- Data Integration tools
- Data modelling concepts
- Data warehousing and database concepts
- Data visualisation techniques and tools
- Data science and machine learning.